Ethical Trading of Natural Stone Policy
Aggregate Industries, a part of Holcim, is a leading supplier to the construction and infrastructure industries in the UK and northern Europe. We produce and supply a wide rangeof construction materials and solutions including aggregates, recycled and secondaryaggregates, cementitious materials, asphalt, ready-mixed and precast concrete products.We also transport waste materials as a part of our delivery process and operation, and are amajor provider of road surfacing and civil engineering.
At Aggregate Industries we are aware of our social responsibilities in trading with organisations around the world. In this light we support the principles of the ETI Code of Practice.
Our policy and Supplier Code of Conduct is part of our supplier selection process and is applicable across all countries, and ensures that we fulfil our obligations and responsibilities. As a minimum this shall include suppliers’compliance to local laws and to internationally recognised minimum standards.
We will ensure that all our suppliers meet the full requirements of our policy:
- Employees are given equal opportunities, wages are paid in accordance with local laws to maintain a standard of living
- Child labour is not used
- Hours of working and working conditions are maintained to a safe standard.
- No employment shall be bonded nor forced, with the rights to collective bargaining and freedom of association respected Intimidation by violence, threat, abuse or physical discipline shall not occur
- Employment provided shall be subject to conditions of local laws
- We shall encourage our suppliers to embrace a policy of continuous
improvement beyond minimum standards
- We will support our suppliers to ensure compliance, and develop best practice in order to maintain long-term benefits for all parties.
This policy will be implemented and performance will be monitored against the ETI Code of Practice through audits by Aggregate Industries management and through independent, external audits.
Deliberate and persistent failure to comply with this policy and the code of practice could result in a breach of contract and result in the cessation of trading.
This policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it is appropriate for the
CEO, Aggregate Industries
27th August 2021