Health and Safety
Sizes and Joint Widths
- Size dimensions quoted on this website are nominal and for guidance only.
- Actual sizes are subject to manufacturing tolerances and will vary, particularly where riven profiles and fettled edges are a feature of the product.
- Always dry lay the product to check area required (especially circles and patio kits).
- See joint widths recommended for products on the product page. We do not recommend butt jointing, at least a 5mm gap is required.
- All m2 coverage is approximate and may vary.
- Our policy is one of continuous improvement, innovation and development and as such we reserve the right to change specification without notice.
Application and Suitability
- Bradstone products and materials, unless otherwise stated, are for domestic landscaping projects.
- Decorative paving and some edgings are NOT recommended for use on driveways, however, concrete block paving, carpet stones and setts ARE. Please contact us if you are unsure.
- All products must be checked on arrival and in the unlikely event of products reaching you in a less than satisfactory condition, please contact simply Paving immediately, allowing time for the rejected product to be replaced. Please note that you may notice minor scuffing on the surface when you receive your delivery. This can occur due to movement in transit and will generally disappear in time. Bradstone cannot accept responsibility once the product has been laid.
- De-icing salts should not be used on the Bradstone range of decorative paving.
- All products can develope algae and organic growths under certain environmental conditions and may require cleaning. Areas adjacent to borders, plant pots and trees may discolour from transfer of plant life and therefore specialist advice may need to be sought.
- Regular maintenance is required to keep the overall appearance of the product in good condition. We recommend thoroughly washing paved areas with warm soapy water and brushing off with a stiff broom three or four times a year.
- Bradstone do not recommend the regular use of jet/power washers on the decorative range of paving and walling, as this may affect the surface of the product over time. For specialist advice on cleaning and general maintenance of your patio please visit www.unitedstonecare.com
- Bradstone cannot be held responsible for the possible effects or damage caused by the contamination or application of some chemically based products which come into contact with a concrete surface e.g. some weed killers and acid or alkaline based cleaners.
- When laying a patio or path close to a house or dwelling it is essential that the finished paving surface level is at least 150mm below damp course level and should slope away from the building. A fall of 1:60 is generally sufficient. All paved areas should be gently sloping to allow excess water to be directed away and should always be laid on well drained ground. Any base preparation should also allow for drainage. Poor drainage may result in water retention and may affect the weathering characteristics of the materials.
Health and Safety
- It is recommended that items over 25kg or those that are awkward in shape should be handled by more than one person.
- Due to the nature of our products we always recommend you investigate suitable lifting equipment be used.
- Always wear gloves and safety footwear when handling the product.
- Always wear safety goggles and appropriate respiratory protection when cutting is required.
- If using a high speed cutter wear suitable respiratory protection.
- Ensure the products are on level ground and retained in some way before removing any packaging.
- Always handle with care as breakages and chipping may result from mishandling.
- If in doubt do not lay and consult Bradstone or Bradstone customer care.