You be can faced with either an old owners paving choices, old, worn, or damaged paving. Again – don’t throw them away until you are sure they cannot be used as there are a number of options:
- Heavy old concrete paths can easily be used as a sub base for new garden paving once broken up so reduces the cost of replacement by actively being reused.
- If old paving stones lift easily they can be reused decoratively either by being revitalized with an edging product or by being used through wider grass or gravel paths.
Getting the basics right
If you are planning to create a terrace or patio for a table and chairs remember this easy rule of thumb. Take the average width of a table plus a chair either side, then imagine the chair pushed back and someone with the legs outstretched. This is the minimum width you need to comfortably create an outdoor dining space.
Let the fun begin – be inspired
Once you have your list of the practical items then the fun can really begin – visiting other gardens for inspirations, looking at Bradstone’s inspirational ideas, choosing your favourite paving and plants, finding a landscaper to help you or even building the garden yourself!
I am working with Bradstone to help add to their wealth of tools to help provide inspiration including my regular blog about gardening where I will be providing advice and help on designing, looking after your garden, jobs for this month and more.
As a start point for your inspiration then why not have a look through some of the ideas and tools which are already available.
- Full garden design packs – my garden design packs provide complete garden design including paving, planting plans and advise on the finishing touches.
- Hints & tips - simple planting hints and tips to for planning your planting
- Bradstone Assured - do you need a installer you can trust? Request a landscaper quote online today.
- How to videos - if you prefer to do it yourself Bradstone how-to landscaping videos provide practical help and advice.